Monday, July 11, 2011

Only a Weightlifter...

*would ask "does this make my butt look big?" and hope the answer is YES!

*holds the steering wheel with a hook grip.

*would be offended when asked "how much do you bench?"

*thinks doing over 5 reps is doing cardio.

*seriously loathes "cardio."

*does a squat when trying on clothes just to make sure they really fit right.

*uses the Valsalva maneuver when moving furniture.

*hears questions about if they have to compete in a bikini (because people still don't know what we do).

*makes fun of people who do the lifts in rapid succession as "conditioning work."

*would be offended at being called skinny or thin.

*thinks you can train only with the snatch, clean and jerk, and squat and be awesome at everything.

*thinks an hour in the gym is a short workout.

*has holes on the thighs of their workout pants.

*has clavicle calcification bumps.

*can repeatedly squat hundreds of pounds, ass to ground, and refuse to jog across a parking lot.

*uses pedicure products on their hands.

What else have you other weightlifters noticed that makes us all a little wacky?

2 comments:

  1. *comments on the quality of potential suitors' or passersby's rear ends by articulating the depth to which said individual squats in relation to parallel.

    - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might've hook gripped the steering wheel when I drove down to Colma on Tuesday. I didn't realize what I was doing at first, and then I started laughing at myself. See what you've done to me?!? ;)

    -eb

    ReplyDelete