Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting into Powerlifting

Hi, everyone! I'm back!

Miss me?

I know it's been about two months since my last post. First, the summer saw a lot of people interested in getting ramped up with CrossFit. So in an effort to get these people moving through, I was working hard teaching people the ropes, then getting home exhausted. The blog fell by the way side.

Then, I decided to participate in a "life training" course with some people very close to me. The classes each lasted five days, and took up a lot of my time. I was exhausted feeling for about a week after they were done.

So here I am, trying to get back into my normal swing of things, which now included... POWERLIFTING!

The awesomes:
- I'm getting stronger
- Muscles that atrophied from O lifting are starting to show again
- My right shoulder feels better than ever
- I'm meeting new people
- I'm learning nuances about the slow lifts that I never would have otherwise

The annoyances:
- My schedule only allows for group training twice a week, it's hard to train alone.
- Each max effort day is a different form of a competition lift. After a couple months, and I have no idea what my actual numbers are.
- The best coach in the Bay Area is still a 45 minute drive away. Luckily, it fits my current schedule.

So I'm certainly going to compete at a SPF meet in November in Sacramento. If I want to wow people, I'm going to have to find a way to make training along more enjoyable AND get my damn diet back under control. Small steps.

Take care and keep picking up heavy things!


No comments:

Post a Comment