Thursday, November 8, 2012

More Reebok Clothing Review

I've made it pretty clear that I'm enamoured with the Reebok CrossFit Nano 2.0 shoes. I barely wear my Nike Free shoes anymore. So when Reebok gave the coaches at San Francisco CrossFit a nice discount, I decided to buy a few things and see if they stood up as well.

1) Stretch Pant
You know, sometimes I just don't feel like wearing tight pants. I prefer to workout in them, but if it's not a training day, or just a long day, sometimes something like this is nice. Based on how the women's board shorts fit, I got size large and they are a little big. The material is nice, good stretch, but the cut could be more flattering, then again, it might because I should have a medium. I'm not a big fan of material that is this thin being wide leg, it feels floppy. And I will have to wear tights underneath if I'm coaching outside. 
Pro: nice material, wide waist band, zippered side pockets
Con: floppy feeling, too thin for warmth, not true to size (large)

2) Performance Tank
The material, again, is really nice. Based on the women's shirt I got, I bought a medium and this time I feel like it is true to size. I like the unique neck line, the seaming is flat, arm openings are good. However, they cost $48, and I feel like for $48 you should get a built in sports bra of sorts. I have to wear a sports bra under it, and with the unique neck line, it shows. I like the layered look, but that's not what I expected here. Lucy and Lululemon both sell really nice built in support tanks in the $45-60 range. The material is so nice on this that it's not horrible thing, but it would become my favorite tank if it had build in support. 
Pros: material, seams, silhouette, length, true to size
Cons: No support

3) Track Jacket
This one must be popular, because they didn't have any mediums left. I went with a large (oh, internet shopping) and it was pretty huge when I got it. Sent it back for a small, as I prefer tight over looking sloppy. Yes, the small is a little snug, but it's plenty stretchy, and the sleeves are long enough that my movement never feels restricted. 
     I really like this jacket! The sleeves are long, it has a layered look effect with the black trim, I love that it is a hoodie with a mock turtle next, as most hoodies get drafty around the neck. Not only that, but the hood is large enough for me to wear a pony tail and it still comes over my forehead! Zippered pockets are great so my phone doesn't fall out while demo-ing movements when coaching class. I'm a sucker for thumb holes, too. 
Pro: long sleeves, thumb holes, mock turtle neck, zippered pockets, huge hood
Cons: not terribly warm

So that sums it up for post number two on the Reebok apparel. Again, the clothing is hit and miss, with the hits being pretty great to me and the misses just being "meh". As they come out with new things that I'm inspired to try, I'll keep you all updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment